HTML0Amarjit Kaur Sandhu was hired by Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center spinout Ozette Technologies as vice engineer in charge. She previously was director of software engineering at Nuance Communications, which acquired Seattle digital health company Saykara in January of this year. Sandhu managed a team within Saykara creating clinical AI tools in her role as the president of engineering.
“I’ve always been impressed by her extensive technical knowledge as well as her engineering leadership” she said. Ozette the CEO Ali Ansary spoke about Sandhu who also served as a director at Twistle and was adviser on behalf of the Technology Partner Network at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
Ozette recently has raised the sum of $26million to develop its methods to measure and characterize immune cells based on massive data sets. Ozette is a startup that helps with clinical trials and other research projects with its biopharma and academic partners.
Other changes to personnel across the Pacific Northwest tech industry:
- Rachel Thornton vice president and chief of marketing of global marketing at Amazon Web Services, is going to Amazon Web Services after ten years due to personal reasons, according to the Puget Sound Business Journal published an article.
- Michael Barrett was appointed CEO of Portland-based identity authentication company Cozera. He was previously the co-founder and CEO of the IT service company Unosquare that he built up to employ 1,000 people.
- Jennifer Allaway, previously at Bellevue, Wash.-based Hidden Path Entertainment, is now a senior writer for Monolith Studios, where she is working on the Wonder Woman game.
- Julia Nardin is now Destiny Universe Narrative Director at Bungie in the same position in which she was previously a Narrative Lead in the Senior Position.
- Zachary Limacher is currently a consultant the managing director of the accounting company KPMG located in Seattle. He previously worked for Austin the company Edgile as well as a pro player of the french horn.
- Shahar Ronen, who has previously was in senior positions as a product manager for SentiLink, Remitly, Sift and Microsoft is now a part of the San California-based Plaid.