The Indian startup scene has raised $440 million through 24 , deals in the period between august 8-13, 2022.
This week, OYO announce its purchase of Danish vacation home firm Bornholmske Feriehuse
This week was awash with two major deals, as an edtech company upGrad secured $210 million and SaaS-based CleverTap raised $105 million during its series D round.
After a decent beginning in August, startups’ community continues to sustain the momentum of funding even into the 2nd week August.
Between August 8-13, Indian startups raised $440 Mn through 24 funding deals. This is a rise of 166% over the week prior, when startups were able to raise an investment totalling $165 million across 25 deals. This is also an increase of 272% terms of the week of July when the ecosystem was able to raise $118 million across the 24 transactions.
The week was marked by two major deals for edtech startups as upGrad raked in $210 million while SaaS-based CleverTap made $105 million during its series D funding round.
This week, one of the investors that was most involved is Tiger Global as it took part in three transactions.
New Updates on Indian Startup IPOs
In-Pub Bound Ecom Express Likely To Sell the majority stakes to Amazon
Logistics company Ecom Express which was gearing for an INR 4,860 million first public offering is engaged in discussions to transfer the the majority part of their stake to the e-commerce major Amazon. The move is reported to be happening in the midst of a period when Indian companies are putting off plans to put their businesses on the market for public sale, since they have seen a volatile market during the midst of economic recession. According to media reports, Ecom Express is likely to sell 51% of its stake to Amazon for about $500 million. It’s important to remember that Amazon does not have an own logistics provider in India.
from the Startup Acquisition Desk
- OYO announced the purchase of Danish vacation home manufacturer Bornholmske Feriehuse..
- SAVE Solutions has announced the acquisition of South Indian-based SaGraha Management
- Wealthtech start-up Scripbox has bought the Pune-based company Wealth Managers to an unspecified amount.
The Week of Startup Funds
- SPVH’s venture capital (VC) division Weave Capital has launched a multi-stage VC fund that will cost $75 million that will participate in the lead round of funding between Series A and Seed round.
- The crypto application CoinSwitch Kuber announced the fund with a value of $10 million for investment in help incubate early stage startups that develop blockchain-based solutions to web3. Web3 landscape.
- Veteran businessman Nihar Parikh has launched a 75 million healthcare-focused venture fund 4Point0 Health Ventures to invest in Indian companies.
Other Innovations from the Indian Startup Ecosystem
- RPSG Capital is looking to raise 500 crore INR in its second fund that will make investments in Indian D2C-related brands.
- The company is slated for an IPO. FirstCry has likely to see SoftBank along with NewQuest Capital Partners selling their stakes in the e-commerce giant.
- The startup in the field of wealthtech Scripbox has increased its ESOP Scheme Scripbox has expanded its ESOP Scheme Scripbox Employee Stock Option Plan 2013 to INR 265.4 Cr. This was achieved by adding 2,948,808 options.